Lucky Saint launched in October 2018 with an ambition to redefine expectations of alcohol-free beer. Founder Luke Boase spent two years, working with six different brewers in three countries in the pursuit of creating the world’s best alcohol-free pilsner. Unfiltered. Uncompromising. Unapologetic. Rewarding all those who aren’t drinking with the beer they deserve.
Lucky Saint is now the UK’s biggest dedicated Alcohol Free beer brand, and The Official Beer of Dry Jan ‘22 in partnership with Alcohol Change. We’re listed in 3000 premium venues across the UK including 39 Michelin star restaurants, The Ivy Collection, Honest Burger and Dishoom plus 2500 grocery stores, including 85% of all Sainsbury’s. In Q1 ‘22 we will apply to become a BCorp - in line with our 3 team-generated values of: Be Generous, Stay Humble, Get Lucky.
Since launch Lucky Saint has received widespread attention in the media and drinks industry for revolutionising the non-alcoholic beer category, we were awarded Imbibe’s best no/low lager last year and have been welcomed by the prestigious BBPA (British Beer and Pub Association) as its first alcohol free member in its 116 year history. Lucky Saint is also a member of UK Hospitality, Club Soda and ANBA.
We are a fast-growing team, who all passionately care about the brand and maintain exceptionally high standards at all touch points of the business - whether that’s working with consumers, customers, our suppliers and each other. We’re interested in people who want to spearhead a revolution in the industry, who are naturally curious, entrepreneurial, commercial and restless to make magic happen.
The Demand Planning team manage all customer interactions with our range of On & Off Trade customers, and the number of customers is growing so we’re recruiting for an additional Demand Planner.
The Demand Planner will work across a number of On & Off Trade customers. They will work closely with our internal sales team to ensure we have a robust demand plan. Where possible they will develop effective working relationships with contacts in our customer’s supply chain teams to manage new customer onboarding, promotional forecasting and managing stock in trade and KPIs such as On Time In Full deliveries and On Shelf Availability.
This role will report into our Director of Supply & Operations.
We are looking for a Demand Planner, who has experience in building the types of relationships that our customers expect. You must have a passion for great service and are used to going the extra mile to delight our customers. This role will work with several functions inside the business, including sales and finance, and with a large range of customers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, translating the world of boxes and lorries into service that delights our customers and makes Lucky Saint easy to work with.
This role is end to end demand management:
- Owning short term forecast accuracy; driving for a robust forecast in our monthly cycle working closely with our sales team, with your stock in trade insights.
- Managing all customer supply interactions from processing orders and invoices, to collaborating on promotions and stock levels.
- Key performance indicators are OTIF (On Time in Full) customer deliveries, On Shelf Availability and Stock in Trade.
Reporting into: Director of Supply & Operations
Managing: Customer supply chain relationships
Managing customer demand is key both internal and externally.
- Internally that means adding value to the demand forecast owned by the sales teams through our monthly forecast cycle through robust challenge of data and assumptions.
- Externally that means adding value to our customers - identifying and resolving In Store Availability gaps and opportunities to sell more, collaborating on forecasts for base and promotions, reviewing EPOS and Store Stocks at store / product level etc, and DC stocks. Being the voice of the customer is key and you’ll develop effective and collaborative relationships with customer supply chain teams.
- Ensuring great customer onboarding for new customers and products, including agreeing ordering patterns and ensuring that their supply chain requirements are considered in ours.
- Nurture and delight in customer contact including processing customer orders to ensure that you’re close to the supply / demand cycle, including monitoring over and undersells vs the forecast.
- Customer collaboration for promotions and events, managing stock in trade at all times.
- KPI management: Ensuring Forecast Accuracy for our demand plans which will ensure OTIF (On Time, In Full) delivery to customers, balanced with COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) budgets and ensuring we mitigate any risks of SLOB (Slow Moving and Obsolete stocks).
- Analysing shared customer data, for example EPOS (Electronic Point of Sales data) and depot & store stock levels, to ensure that we’re both maximising sales opportunities and delighting shoppers.
What you will need:
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers, ideally FMCG Food & Drink
- Familiarity with supply chain best practices, gained within ideally the industry and with retailer behaviours.
- A passion for great customer service; we want to delight our customers!
- You’re the eyes and ears of our customers internally; you must bring their priorities and journeys into the company.
- An eye for detail, and the ability to juggle. A natural problem solver!
- Super organised and methodical in your approach
- Strong influencing skills
- Tenacious, driven and hungry to be part of Lucky Saint’s success
- You are results orientated, think commercially and value every pound
- You enjoy being stretched and would welcome the opportunity to wear many hats in a fast growing business.
- Have a passion for working within a small, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment where no task is too small
- Dynamic, ambitious, self-sufficient, great with people and a real team player
What’s in it for you
- To be part of one of the fastest growing and exciting businesses in the drinks industry
- A chance to grow yourself as we’re constantly moving into new commercial areas and opportunities and new geographies.
- You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level
- We’re big on taking ownership and active learning in a very supportive and warm team environment
- A chance to work, coach and learn from a friendly, smart, helpful, modest, and passionate team who care about each other and the business we’re a part of
- As much Lucky Saint as you’d like to drink
- Competitive base
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Free Lucky Saint
- 25 days holiday minimum
- Private medical insurance with Vitality
- Life Insurance with Canada Life
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- ESG Pension Provider and Mintago Pension Platform
If being part of a pacy, creative and growing team sounds exciting to you and you have the skills and attitude to help us become the world's definitive alcohol-free beer brand, we’d love to hear from you.